- 7.1 When you upload or post Content to the SI Website, you grant:
- A. to LBS, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence (with right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that Content in connection with the SI Website and otherwise in connection with LBS’s business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the SI Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels and LBS shall not be responsible for any acts or omissions of any third parties in relation to the Content;
- B. to each user of the SI Website, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your Content through the SI Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the SI Website and under these SI Terms and each user shall not be responsible for any acts or omissions of any third parties in relation to the Content.
- 7.2 The above licenses granted by you in the Content continues for 80 years from the date that the Content is posted on the SI Website irrespective of whether you remove or delete your Content from the SI Website., but otherwise your ownerships rights are not affected.
- 7.3 You will also be required to grant certain licence rights to Providers in accordance with their respective Provider Terms. You should review these terms before engaging any Provider Services.
- 7.4 With the exception of Content submitted to the SI Website by you, all other Content on the SI Website is either owned by or licensed to LBS.
- 8. Ending your relationship with the SI Website
- 8.1 The SI Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or LBS as set out below.
- 8.2 If you want to terminate the SI Terms with LBS, you may do so by no longer using the SI Website.
- 8.3 LBS may at any time, acting in its absolute discretion, terminate these SI Terms and / or otherwise remove Content in accordance with clause 1.3 of these SI Terms.
- 8.4 When these SI Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and LBS have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the SI Terms have been in force) or which are expressed or implied to continue indefinitely shall remain in full force and effect and the provisions of clause 11.6 shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
- 9. Exclusion of Warranties
- 9.1 Nothing in the SI Terms shall affect any statutory rights that you are entitled to as a consumer.
- 9.2 LBS makes no warranty or representation to you with respect to any Provider, Provider Services, Provider Terms, the SI Website, these SI Terms, any Content or any text, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, and other materials posted by you or any other third party either on the SI Website, on any website owned and / or operated by any Provider or otherwise.
- 9.3 In particular LBS do not represent or warrant to you that:
- A. your use of the SI Website or any Provider Services will meet your requirements;
- B. your use of the SI Website or any Provider Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error;
- C. any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the SI Website or any Provider Services will be accurate or reliable; and
- D. that defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided to you as part of the SI Website or any Provider Services will be corrected.
- 9.4 Subject to clause 9.1, no conditions, warranties or other terms (including any implied terms as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or conformance with description) apply to the SI Website except to the extent that they are expressly set out in the SI Terms.
- 10. Limitation of Liability
- 10.1 Nothing in these SI Terms shall exclude or limit LBS’s liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors; or (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 10.2 Subject to the overall provision in clause 10.1 above, LBS shall not be liable to you for:
- A. any losses incurred by you with respect to your use of any Provider Services, any breach of any Provider Terms or otherwise due to your relationship with any Provider;
- B. any losses which may be incurred by you not as a direct result of LBS’s acts or omissions;
- C. any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of:
- i. any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any Content and / or the SI Website;
- ii. any changes which LBS may make to the SI Website, or for any permanent or temporary break in the provision of the SI Website (or any features within the SI Website);
- iii. the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any Content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the SI Website;
- iv. your failure to provide LBS with complete and accurate information;
- v. your failure to keep your information secure and confidential.
- 10.3 The limitations on LBS’s liability to you in clause 10.2 above shall apply whether or not LBS has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
- 10.4 Subject to clauses 10.1 and 10.2, LBS’s total liability to you in respect of any and all losses arising under or in connection with the SI Terms shall not exceed £1,000 for any single claim and shall not exceed £20,000 for all claims in aggregate.
11. General legal terms
- 11.1 The SI Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and LBS in relation to the SI Website only. All other terms and / or agreements between you and LBS from time to time, together with any Provider Terms, entered into between you and any Provider in relation to any Providers Services or otherwise, from time to time, are expressly excluded from the SI Terms.
- 11.2 You agree that LBS may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the SI Terms, by postings on the SI Website.
- 11.3 You agree that if LBS does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the SI Terms (or which LBS has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of LBS’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to LBS.
- 11.4 If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these SI Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the SI Terms without affecting the rest of the SI Terms. The remaining provisions of the SI Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- 11.5 Other than the parties to these SI Terms, no other person or company shall be a third party beneficiary of the SI Terms.
- 11.6 The SI Terms, and your relationship with LBS under the SI Terms, shall be governed by English law. You and LBS agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England to resolve any legal matter arising from the SI Terms. Notwithstanding this, you agree that LBS shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or other equivalent types of urgent legal remedy) in any jurisdiction.
- 11.7 You should review any relevant Provider Terms before engaging any Provider Services to establish which jurisdiction governs your relationship with any relevant Provider together with any related terms.
A1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- • Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms and / or fields on the SI Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you visit the SI Website, apply to participate in the Campaign, participate in any discussion boards or other social media functions on the SI Website, upload any Content and when you report a problem with the SI Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, together with any Content that you may upload onto the SI Website from time to time.
- • Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the SI Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- o technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- o information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the SI Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- • Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
A2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- • Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- o to contact you in relation to the Campaign or otherwise in accordance with these SI Terms;
- o to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- o in accordance with paragraph A5 of this policy (Your Rights);
- o to notify you about changes to the SI Website;
- o to ensure that content from the SI Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your
- • Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- o to administer the SI Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- o to improve the SI Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- o to allow you to participate in interactive features of the SI Website, when you choose to do so;
- o as part of our efforts to keep the SI Website safe and secure.
- • Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out within this policy (depending on the types of information we receive).
A3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- • In the event that you are invited to participate in the Campaign or otherwise in accordance with these SI Terms.
- • If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the SI Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LBS, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
A4. SECURITY OF DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the SI Website and therefore any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A5. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the Customer Services Department, Leeds Building Society, 105 Albion Street, Leeds, LS1 5AS. If you take up any product with LBS, including, but not limited to, the Everyday Saver account or the E-Saver account, then separate terms and conditions together with how we may process your personal data, shall apply. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data at the time you take up any product with us.